20 June 2008

Hedging your bets - Rewind

So, last night was the RWD party,( for those that don't know, RWD is a free magazine in England that is all about upfront UK urban talent.) to celebrate their recent increase distribution through footlocker.

Crammed into the seventh floor of Vertigo London, and yes I am afraid of heights - especially when you consider my height of 6'3", we were treated to doughnut's, free alcohol and some shaking of the "narni". Sadly not Narn's which I mis-read at first and got slightly over excited at the prospect of some asian mothers in sari's shaking their narn breads in my face. "bring on the pashwari"

No, it was more up-front (in every sense of the word) than that. The Narni Shakers, Britains answer to the, erm.... yeah.

"Made famous by Ali G"

Erm, wasn't his Narni shakers big black women with proper bums, and not these skinny white sluts that cover their tits in glitter and pose for calander shots?

I'm sorry RWD but I don't think this was the Up Front british talent we where anticipating.

Thankfully they resuced themselves with the impressive street magician and deviant Damien O'Brian. Impressing the Hedges sisters and Maleena with his slight of hand card tricks and pickpoketing skills, hey I even gave a smile to the camera. And as soon as I have my grubby mits on the video footage, I will let you all know.

RWD then kept up this tempo, bringing in Luciana to perform her one hit Yeah Yeah which really got the dancing started.

Me and my gun finger sister Emma, grinding, bopping and jumping to the hip hop, grime and bassline tunes. RWD had redeemed themselves from the Narni Shakers mistake. And with the goody bag giveaway this night could only get so much better.

Lucy was off dancing with a suit, whose moves resembled that of Fergie and her Barracuda just without the flips...Sadly.



And then, how quickly RWD could lose their crown with the introduction of a hip hop singing cat.... oh... sorry... no, It was a hip hop violin?!

Not just any old violin... NO.

It was a hip hop violin that played along to Michael Jackson.... How very hip hop!

To rescue our hearing we decided to call it a night.

I thank RWD for the party, I had fun.

But next time... less of the narni shaking and violins. More of the upfront talent DAWGS!

I better get ready to work the door at MIMB in Dalston.

Ciao.

No comments: